- "Vote for Palpatine. Vote for the Empire. Make Mon Mothma vote for him too. Be good little Senators. Mind your manners and keep your heads down. And keep doing all those things we can't talk about. All those things I can't know. Promise me, Bail."
- ―Padmé Amidala during the Declaration of a New Order
The Delegation of 2000 was the name assigned to the group of Loyalist Committee Senators and other political figures who created (and presented) the Petition of 2000 to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine near the end of the Clone Wars. The Delegates were concerned about the Chancellor's continued usage of emergency powers even as the Clone Wars were nearing their end—especially the formation of the new office of Moff. Many of the Delegates (rightly) feared for the future of democracy in the Republic.
After the formation of the Galactic Empire, the new Imperial Intelligence arrested at least sixty-three of the Delegation's Senators, although some (possibly all) were merely detained temporarily, perhaps as a warning sign from the new Emperor.
Following the Battle of Kashyyyk, half the Delegation withdrew their signatures from the Petition. However, many of them would still quietly oppose Palpatine's rule, and it was they who, in the wake of the Ghorman Massacre, were responsible for the eventual formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Known members of the delegation
- Nee Alavar - Executed
- Padmé Amidala - Died during birth of Luke and Leia Skywalker
- Jar Jar Binks
- Garm Bel Iblis - Arrested, later became a founding Rebel leader along with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.
- Tendau Bendon - Arrested
- Bana Breemu
- Dewell Bronk
- Tanner Cadaman - Arrested
- Sweitt Concorkill - Arrested
- Giddean Danu
- Tundra Dowmeia - Arrested
- Ivor Drake - Arrested
- Chi Eekway Papanoida
- Grebleips - Arrested
- Mon Mothma - Became a Rebel Leader
- Bail Prestor Organa - Became a Rebel Leader and was later killed when Grand Moff Tarkin destroyed Alderaan
- Shea Sadashassa - Arrested
- Streamdrinker - Arrested
- Terr Taneel
- Meena Tills - Arrested
- Fang Zar - Arrested and later killed by Darth Vader
Behind the scenes
While Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241 and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader state that Bail Organa was a member of the Delegation, the Episode III novelization maintains that he was not.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241"—Star Wars Insider 84
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Millennium Falcon
- Millennium Falcon audiobook
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- (Indirect mention only)