- "Hold it right there! You're not going anywhere, bounty hunter."
- ―Denal, to Cad Bane
The early warEdit
When Skywalker's personal astromech droid, R2-D2, was held captive by the scavenger Gha Nachkt and scheduled to be handed over to General Grievous at Skytop Station, Denal was assigned to be a part of the rescue squad to save the R2 unit and destroy the Separatist spy station. During this mission, he, Commander Tano, and the rest of the squad were attacked by Grievous. He was one of the only survivors of the General's attack, along with Tano and Rex.
After planting the bombs, Denal and Rex met up with Skywalker and R2 in the station's landing bay. However, they were then trapped there by R3-S6, who revealed himself to be a Separatist spy. They then came under attack by super battle droids and vulture droids. After setting off the explosions, Denal, Rex, Skywalker, and Tano were able to board the Twilight before the station was destroyed.
Battle of DevaronEdit
Denal was sent with Skywalker, Tano, and Rex to Devaron to stop bounty hunter Cad Bane from acquiring the kyber memory crystal from Master Bolla Ropal on Devaron. He and the others then boarded Bane's command ship. There, they fought Bane and his battle droids. After fighting the battle droids to acquire a Sheathipede-class transport shuttle, Denal and another trooper, Koho, were then sent by Rex to find Skywalker and Tano. They then found Bane and held him up, threatening them. However, Bane overpowered them, killing both Koho and Denal.
Bane switched armor with Denal, and faked his death. At first, the clone troopers were impressed with Denal's apparent killing of Bane. However, Bane's disguise was uncovered by one of the clones who saw the Duros' blood, and Ahsoka, who discovered that "Denal" was Bane after following him from the shuttle. Bane then made his escape in a V-19 torrent starfighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
Denal first appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Duel of the Droids." Matt Martin has stated that Denal was one of the clones who appeared in the comic 501 Plus One, but Wookieepedia does not treat tweets as a canon source.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force" (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Holocron Heist" and "Children of the Force" to 21 BBY. As the episode "Cargo of Doom" takes place between the two episodes according to , Denal's death must take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"