The Denarii Nova was a tight binary star. The smaller star fed on gases from the larger one.
In 5000 BBY, Naga Sadow flew his damaged Corsair warship between the binary stars, with Galactic Republic forces in pursuit. Using his knowledge of Sith magic, Sadow manipulated solar flares to destroy the Republic ships following him; resulting in the destruction of the entire system.
Over five thousand years later, after the death of Palpatine at the Battle of Endor, Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz flew his Imperial-class Star Destroyer, the Emperor's Disciple, into the remains of the Denarii Nova, killing himself and his crew in a final act of fanatical devotion to his Emperor.
Behind the scenesEdit
In ancient Rome, denarii were silver coins.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 4: The Dogs of War
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 5: End of an Empire
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force (Appears in holocron)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy (Appears in hologram)
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones (Appears in hologram) (as flaming solar flares)
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 1"—Star Wars Insider 26
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 2"—Star Wars Insider 27
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 119