Denis Lawson (born September 27, 1947) is a Scottish actor who portrayed Wedge Antilles in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Coincidentally, he is the maternal uncle of Ewan McGregor, who portrayed Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy.
In Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Lawson's voice was dubbed by David Ankrum. He reprised the role, in voice-over form, in the Nintendo GameCube game Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader. Lawson's voice also provided the narration for the audio book of Heir to the Empire and Dark Force Rising in both novels, he reprised his role as Wedge Antilles as well as playing all characters.
Lawson was approached to return as Wedge Antilles for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, but declined, stating that it "just would have bored [him]." However, Lawson later claimed that he actually declined to appear in The Force Awakens due to a scheduling conflict, and would have appeared in the film if he had been available. He finally returned to the role in 2019's Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker.
- The Jedi Master's Quizbook (as Dennis Lawson)
- "Rebel Pilot Reunion"—Star Wars Insider 32
- "Star Sightings"—Star Wars Insider 56
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ New Star Wars films 'would have bored me', says Scots actor Denis Lawson. thecourier.co.uk (May 5, 2014). Archived from the original on July 25, 2018. Retrieved on May 9, 2014.
- ↑ Johnston, Rich (December 9, 2017). Denis Lawson, Wedge Antilles from Star Wars, Did Not Reject Doing the New Films After All. bleedingcool.com. Archived from the original on January 18, 2020.
- Denis Lawson on Wikipedia