- "I came from the old school of special effects. Prior to Star Wars, everything was based around what you could do with your idea for a shot—you could not get the money to build anything too complex. The reason for that is simple. People were not making sci-fi movies much before Star Wars."
- ―Dennis Muren
Dennis Muren (born November 1, 1946) is a special effects artist who worked on the first five Star Wars films and the original Star Tours. He is also one of the members of the Intellectual Property Development Group.
Muren won six Academy Awards for Best Visual Effects for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Innerspace, The Abyss, Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Jurassic Park. On June 3, 1999, Muren received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (2nd cameraman)
- "Star Wars 10th Anniversary Convention!!"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 1
- "Inside ILM: Creating the Magic of Willow"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 4
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- "Star News"—Star Wars Insider 45
- "The Magic of Muren"—Star Wars Insider 104
- "My Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 137
- "Dennis Muren: Effects Visionary"—Star Wars Insider 144
- "Back on Set!"—Star Wars Insider 160
- "200 Reasons Why We Love Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 200
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition
- "Launchpad"—Star Wars Insider 203