- "I came from the old school of special effects. Prior to Star Wars, everything was based around what you could do with your idea for a shot—you could not get the money to build anything too complex. The reason for that is simple. People were not making sci-fi movies much before Star Wars."
- ―Dennis Muren
Dennis Muren (born November 1, 1946) is a special effects artist who worked on the first five Star Wars films and the original Star Tours. He is also one of the members of the Intellectual Property Development Group.
Muren won six Academy Awards for Best Visual Effects for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Innerspace, The Abyss, Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Jurassic Park. On June 3, 1999, Muren received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- "Star Wars 10th Anniversary Convention!!"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 1
- "Inside ILM: Creating the Magic of Willow"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 4
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- "Star News"—Star Wars Insider 45
- "The Magic of Muren"—Star Wars Insider 104
- "My Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 137
- "Dennis Muren: Effects Visionary"—Star Wars Insider 144
- "Back on Set!"—Star Wars Insider 160
- "200 Reasons Why We Love Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 200
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony for Dennis Muren. TheForce.net (1999-06-04). Archived from the original on September 22, 2020. Retrieved on October 6, 2013.
- Dennis Muren. Hollywood Walk of Fame. Archived from the original on April 21, 2020. Retrieved on October 7, 2013.
[edit | edit source]
- Dennis Muren on Wikipedia