- "Roast ten cans of denta beans. Once that’s done, steep them with some boiled whilk milk and a good amount of thalassa seeds."
- ―Torro Sbazzle, teaching Gersolik how to prepare the beverage
A beverage primarily consisting of denta beans was popular on the planet Coruscant. The drink featured whilk milk and thalassa seeds as secondary ingredients. The resulting brew had a bitter flavor, smooth texture, and was guaranteed to energize the individual who consumed it.
To make a serving of the beverage, one had to roast ten cans of denta beans and then steep them in boiled whilk milk and thalassa seeds. Time and care was needed to brew the beverage with a smooth texture.
The drink could also be found around the gas giant Bespin. In 3 ABY, Torro Sbazzle, Executive Chef of the tibanna gas mining colony Cloud City instructed her sous-chef, Gersolik, to prepare the beverage. It was to be served to the Imperial Sith Lord Darth Vader during a banquet with Lando Calrissian, the city's Baron Administrator.
Behind the scenes
The beverage was mentioned in the short story "But What Does He Eat?" by S.A. Chakraborty. The story was published in the 2020 anthology From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back.
- "But What Does He Eat?"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned, simultaneous with From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back audiobook)
- From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- "But What Does He Eat?"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back in 3 ABY. Since "But What Does He Eat?" takes place during those events, its events must also take place in 3 ABY.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know