- "Trespassers on the vehicle! Fan out and eliminate!"
- ―Denwade Banevans, to the other range troopers
Denwade Banevans was a human who served the Galactic Empire as a range trooper on Vandor. By 10 BBY, Banevans had achieved the rank of captain and was tasked with the protection of a conveyex train, and fought off Beckett's gang during a heist. However, he failed due to the train's wagons being separated by the Wookiee Chewbacca, leaving Banevans and two of his men behind.
Denwade Banevans was a human from the planet Carida who served in the Stormtrooper Corps of the Galactic Empire during its reign across the galaxy. He was stationed as a range trooper with the rank of captain on the planet Vandor, where he and his squad were assigned as security and surveillance for the 20-T Railcrawler conveyex transport lines. In 10 BBY, the captain traveled on board the hovertrain designated ICC-5537 in order to protect its cargo of coaxium fuel.
While ICC-5537 was headed toward the Crispin Imperial Depository, a gang of criminals led by the outlaw Tobias Beckett boarded the train using a stolen Y-45 armored transport hauler. The hauler dropped Beckett and two of his accomplices on top of the train, where they made their way along to the car containing the coaxium. Once they had confirmed its location, the hauler returned so they could attach it to the car; however, Banevans and his men emerged onto the roof of the rearmost train car and opened fire on Beckett's gang, preventing the attachments being made.
Train top battleEdit
Beckett returned fire while his accomplices, Han Solo and Chewbacca, began climbing down the car they were on to detach it from the rearward cars. The gang leader managed to kill the range trooper who had progressed furthest toward him while the rest kept progressing along the top and side of the train, using their magnetic gription boots to prevent themselves from falling. Beckett then managed to hit another trooper's boot, causing it to malfunction and preventing him from moving any further. When the train next twisted, the trooper was unable to avoid a rocky outcrop and was smashed from the surface of the vehicle out of view.
The troopers progressed across several cars, but just as they reached the car the criminals were on, Solo and Chewbacca severed the connection. The cars carrying the troopers were disconnected from the front half of the train and slowly ground to a halt, leaving the range troopers unable to confront the criminal gang. Both ICC-5537 and the coaxium were ultimately destroyed after the rival Cloud-Riders group attacked Beckett's men in order to steal the coaxium for themselves.
Personality and traitsEdit
Banevans wore standard range trooper vambrace armor including magnetic gription boots and a synth-fur line kama. The captain carried a E-10R blaster rifle and waterproof stowage packs for survival gear.
Behind the scenesEdit
Denwade Banevans first appeared in the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story, and was first named in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. Banevans' name was created as an homage to the 1957 film 3:10 to Yuma, being an amalgamation of two characters, Ben Wade and Dan Evans.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: A Junior Novel
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 2
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Denwade Banevans)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Ultimate Sticker Collection (Picture only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – The Official Collector's Edition (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the portion of Solo: A Star Wars Story set on Vandor to nine years after the founding of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the founding of the Empire to 19 BBY, therefore the events must take place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story: A Junior Novel
- ↑ (in response to "Hey Pablo, Denwade Banevans' name is a reference to 3:10 to Yuma?")