- "She isn't on Jakku. She's gone. No!"
- ―Rey's mother is questioned by Ochi as Dered Karno watches
Dered Karno was an alien mercenary who, alongside Ommo Twilto, worked as enforcers for the Sith assassin Ochi of Bestoon, a member of the Sith Eternal. In around 21 ABY, Karno and Twilto stood with electroprod staffs braced as Ochi questioned the parents of Rey, who he had been sent to find by the Sith Lord Darth Sidious. Karno watched as Rey's mother claimed that Rey was no longer on the planet Jakku and that Ochi would not find her, after which the assassin stabbed Rey's father with his dagger.
Karno wore a dark red shirt with brown pants, belt gloves and boots as well as armor of plastoid tiles wrapped in leather padding and a gray helmet. The alien had brown skin and black hair and eyes.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Everything about this photo and these characters makes completing this trilogy worthwhile. Beginning to end."
- ―Derek Arnold on Dered Karno and Ommo Twilto
Dered Karno was created for the 2019 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. Karno's name is a partial anagram of the name of actor Derek Arnold, who portrayed Karno in the film and refered to the character as Dovine on set.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance) (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Dered Karno)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- According to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, Rey's father and mother died shortly after they left their daughter on Jakku thirteen years before the "Starkiller Incident." Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Starkiller Incident to 34 ABY, Rey's parents died in around 21 ABY.