Flet worked as Jabba's chief architect. The Hutt had him commission the Khetanna and his fleet of skiffs from the Ubrikkian Corporation. Flet also designed additions to his palace on Tatooine, focusing on the dungeons. Flet provided Jabba with almost everything he wanted, making the palace function as both a stately manor and fortress; however, he failed to provide adequate space for Jabba's prisoners, leaving the existing dungeons intact. This made Jabba so furious that he had Flet killed immediately.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jabba's architect from Star Wars: Republic: Outlander may be the same character as Derren Flet. An explicit connection between them has not yet been established in canon, although both are considered famous and Jabba has only been referenced as having a single architect.
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 40 (TAT29, Tatooine - Jabba's Palace)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 6
- Obsessed With Star Wars (Questions 2306, 2316)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia