- "Turns out it gets a lot hotter in the desert when the sun comes up."
- ―Poe Dameron
Deserts were planetary regions covered almost completely by sparse terrain that received little precipitation. They were dry, desolate, and often harsh regions. On Tatooine, sandstorms proved dangerous to local populations, and some citizens worked as moisture farmers to pump moisture from beneath the desert floor. The planet Jakku also contained a desert. Another example of a desert planet was Er'Kit. While Tatooine and Jakku had golden tan sand, Er'Kit had red sand.
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special