The Destroyer-I ion engine was a large-scale model of ion engine that was manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards. The Imperial-class Star Destroyers had three Destroyer-I ion engines, that served as main engine units, and four Gemon-4 ion engines, for emergency or supplementary sublight drives.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the mockup for the Devastator in A New Hope, the three Destroyer-I ion engine thrusters were made using egg-shaped pantyhose containers.[source?]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (First identified as Destroyer-I ion engine)
- The Galactic Empire—Ships of the Fleet