- "Send a ship to a world they know. Let it burn."
- ―Darth Sidious, to Allegiant General Enric Pryde
- "As I served you in the old wars, I serve you now."
- ―Enric Pryde, to Sidious
Sensing Organa's death and Ben Solo's redemption, Darth Sidious contacted Enric Pryde to launch the Sith Eternal plan. After Pryde pledged himself and the First Order to the Sith Lord, thus forming the Final Order, Sidious ordered him to send a Xyston-class Star Destroyer to a world the Resistance was familiar with.
- "Captain, Kijimi is in range."
- ―Milon Lenwith and Chesille Sabrond
- "The Emperor sent a ship from Exegol? Does that mean every ship in the fleet..."
"...has planet-killing weapons. Of course they do. All of them. This is how he finishes it."
- ―Beaumont Kin and Poe Dameron
The Resistance soon learned about the world's destruction. Due to Organa's death, Poe Dameron was made general. Going to her corpse, Dameron admitted to her that he did not know what to do and said he was not ready. Just then Galactic Civil War veteran Lando Calrissian arrived, informing Dameron that he, Organa, Han Solo, and Luke Skywalker had also not been ready for their war. After Dameron asked how they were able to defeat the Galactic Empire with almost nothing, Calrissian responded that they had each other.
Learning from this, Dameron made Finn his co-general, and Finn revealed that droid D-O had some information on Rey. After learning that Rey sent intel to R2-D2 regarding the map to Exegol, the Resistance developed a plan to attack the Star Destroyer fleet while Calrissian and Chewbacca would use the Millennium Falcon to call out for allies.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes the destruction of Kijimi, must occur in 35 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary