- "The 204th Imperial Fighter Wing committed a war crime on Nacronis."
- ―Yrica Quell
The destruction of Nacronis, also referred to as the cleansing of Nacronis, was a massacre carried out by the Galactic Empire as part of Operation: Cinder, following the death of Emperor Palpatine in the Battle of Endor. The 204th Imperial Fighter Wing provided assistance in the attack after Colonel Shakara Nuress was given orders by one of the Emperor's Messenger droids. The TIE fighter pilots used vortex detonators fired from TIE bombers to stoke the planet's storms, but the Rebel Alliance attempted to defend Nacronis. By the time that Nacronis was covered entirely in one singular storm, the Rebel Alliance had stopped attacking, and the Empire was successful in wiping out the population of the planet. After the storms cleared, one pilot, Yrica Quell, defected from the Empire, and would later be found by the New Republic.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Alphabet Squadron (First appearance) (In flashback(s))
- Shadow Fall (In flashback(s)) (First identified as cleansing of Nacronis)
- Victory's Price (In flashback(s))
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Alphabet Squadron
- Alphabet Squadron states that Emperor Palpatine's Messenger droid delivered the order to Colonel Shakara Nuress two weeks after the Battle of Endor. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of Alphabet Squadron and thus the destruction of Nacronis, must also occur in 4 ABY.
- Shadow Fall