- "Level five. Detention Block AA-23. I'm afraid she's scheduled to be terminated."
- ―C-3PO, reading off the location of Leia Organa
Detention Block AA-23 was a detention area located within Detention Block AA on the Detention Level of the Death Star. It was reserved for political prisoners. The detention cells for this sector were located 400 meters below Docking Bay 327.
After Princess Leia Organa was captured by Darth Vader and the Galactic Empire, she was sent to Cell 2187 on sub-level five of detention area AA-23 and scheduled to be executed. In a daring rescue by Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca, she was freed from the cell, only to be caught in a close quarters battle with Stormtroopers. Princess Organa improvised an escape through a chute to Garbage masher 3263827.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Princess Leia – The Rescue"
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Trapped in the Death Star!
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- "Change of Heart"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Of MSE-6 and Men"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Bump"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- "End of Watch"—From a Certain Point of View
- Poe Dameron Annual 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))