Behind the scenesEdit
Devil's Asteroid was first mentioned in the 1993 book Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas, a publication that combines creature designs and photographs from various projects of George Lucas, creator of the Star Wars franchise, with original text by Bob Carrau. Lucasfilm employee Leland Chee, who maintains the Holocron continuity database, has indicated that information contained in the book is non-canonical with respect to the Star Wars Legends continuity.
However, Jason Fry, co-author of the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, has stated that the star systems listed in the book's Appendix section are named after the most prominent planets or celestial bodies located in those systems. This article therefore considers the existence of Devil's Asteroid to be canonical with respect to the Legends continuity. The Essential Atlas placed the Devil's Asteroid system in grid square O-2.
Monsters and Aliens from George LucasEdit
- "SPECIAL DATA: recently escaped from Devil's Asteroid; known to carry fusion weapons and disease chambers; laser used in last detonation (family Thanksgiving); 79 previous convictions; no vaccinations"
- ―Excerpt from the wanted poster for the "Marauder of Endor"
At some point, the Sanyassan criminal known as the "Marauder of Endor" escaped from imprisonment on Devil's Asteroid. That fact was mentioned on a wanted poster for the criminal that was released shortly after his escape.
- Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Devil's Asteroid system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Devil's Asteroid system
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 screenshot) (
- ↑ Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "