- "Luckily, pikobi eggs are plenty good on their own and can be served in a variety of ways, from scrambled to deviled. And if you ain't got pikobi on your world, don't worry. This recipe works pretty darn well with just about any other kind of egg, too!"
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Deviled Pikobi Eggs was a dish made using the eggs of the pikobi species and emulsauce. A serving consisted of individual white egg halves with dollops of a red sauce dotted on them and a yellow filling made using the emulsauce in the center, seasoned with black and orange spices.
In 34 ABY, the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included a recipe for Deviled Pikobi Eggs in the sides, starters, and snacks section of his cookbook The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook. He admitted in the book that he personally preferred his pikobi eggs served basted and seasoned alongside freshly grilled dianoga back, but since most readers would not have the skill required to cook a dianoga, he instead included the deviled eggs recipe. He also claimed that the pikobi eggs in the dish could be substituted for almost any other type of egg and still produce a good result.
Behind the scenes
Deviled Pikobi Eggs were created as a recipe for the 2019 cookbook Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was written by Marc Sumerak and Chelsea Monroe-Cassel. In the out-of-universe recipe, boiled eggs are halved with the yolks removed, then the yolks are combined with emulsauce or mayonnaise, white miso paste, and toasted sesame oil to make a filling. The filled eggs are topped with a drop of sriracha and a sprinkling of black sesame seeds and red salt.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.