- "We're here because of a crime lord named Diago Hixan-the closest thing Nok Drayen ever had to a rival. Diago was always trying to one-up Nok. They fought for territory, bragging rights, and the occasional woman. The battles were legendary."
- ―Risha Drayen
Diago Hixan was a male Human crime lord on the planet Tatooine during the Cold War. He was a sworn rival of Nok Drayen before his "death". He was killed in a confrontation with the Jedi Nariel Pridence, the Sith Vaverone Zare, and the smuggler who would later be known as the Voidhound.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Before the Treaty of Coruscant, Diago Hixan competed with the infamous Nok Drayen to rule the galactic underworld. Their rivalry spanned many years and countless worlds as they scored bigger heists and hunted for treasures, punctuated by the occasional spat of violence. Diago Hixan claimed victory after Nok Drayen died, bringing many criminals throughout the galaxy under his heel. In his prime, one of Diago Hixan's greatest treasures was Shassa Dalle. To his dismay, she was eventually "stolen" by his rival Nok Drayen. For years, Diago Hixan made many impassioned attempts to take her back from Drayen, but his pursuit ended after he accidentally caused Shassa's death.
In 3643 BBY, a smuggler captain came to Tatooine to acquire a sensor computer from Diago to assist in finding the lost treasure of Nok. The smuggler contacted Diago's lieutenant, Tookreek, to arrange a meeting with Diago in exchange for being known for finding the treasure. However, a Sith named Vaverone Zare was seeking a meeting with Diago too, mainly to acquire the holocron of Darth Nihilus he possessed, and had launched attacks on his holdings to get his attention. The Sith's activity brought the attention of the Jedi Knight Nariel Pridence.
When all parties arrived at Diago's hideout in the Lightspring, Diago refused hear any of them. At the same time, the smuggler's companion, Risha called via holo to check on her partner's progress. Diago quickly became englamoured with her, compelling her to sign off. He demanded that he meet her. Zare interrupted him, attempting to persuade him to help her kill Nariel but he would not hear her. Zare then attempted to use a mind trick on the smuggler to turn on the Jedi but the latter proved strong willed for it to work. To add to the madness, Diago irrationally ordered his droids to attack all present. In the ensuring fight, Diago was killed, along with Zare.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. As the events on Tatooine for the Voidhound, including Hixan's death, occur in Act I, they must therefore take place in 3643 BBY. places Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "The Lightspring" on Tatooine
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Dry Run" on Tatooine