Carnivores were flesh-eaters. They included non-sentients such as the krayt dragon, and the colo claw fish from Naboo, but also sentient species such as the Zabraks and the Pau'ans. Carnivorous diets were common in cold environments, due to the lack of plantlife. Carnivorous plants such as the reeksa were unusual plant species that evolved to capture and consume live prey in order to make up for the lack of nutrients in their soil.
Omnivores were organisms that fed on both plant and animal matter. Reeks were large, muscular omnivores native to the planet Ylesia that, while herbivorous by nature, could survive on meat. The vulptices of Crait dug the salt crust of their world for small mammals and tubers.
Other creatures were practitioners of geophagia, subsiding off of inorganic material. The fire rats of Mustafar were one example of this phenomenon; they were known to gnaw on the lava crystals of the hellish planet.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Journey Through Space
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Zabrak–Zillo Beast)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Journey Through Space
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- ↑ Lost Stars
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know