Diles Anevi was the human male governor of the Expansion Region during the reign of the Galactic Empire. In 10 BBY, he met with Dryden Vos, leader of the Crimson Dawn criminal organization, aboard Vos's yacht, the First Light.
The aim of the meeting was to strike a deal over waiving certain transit restrictions on Crimson Dawn starships traveling along the Great Gran Run trade route. In return, Anevi hoped to persuade Vos to make financial contributions to charitable causes, but Vos lost his temper during the meeting and stabbed Anevi with a Kyuzo petar, killing him.
- "I get all worked up. Silly. It's a party."
- ―Dryden Vos muses on his murder of Diles Anevi
Diles Anevi was a human male who served as governor of the Expansion Region during the reign of the Galactic Empire. In 10 BBY, he met with the leader of the Crimson Dawn crime syndicate, Dryden Vos, aboard the crime lord's yacht, the First Light, while it was docked in Fort Ypso on the planet Vandor. The aim of the meeting was for a deal to be struck that would waive certain travel restrictions on Crimson Dawn starships moving along the Great Gran Run hyperspace route. Anevi hoped that in return he could secure from Vos financial contributions to charitable causes he cared deeply about.
During the meeting, Vos lost his temper and stabbed Anevi in the chest with a Kyuzo petar, causing him to let out a cry of pain that could be heard by party guests on the yacht's observation deck. When Vos removed the blade, the governor dropped to the floor dead. His corpse was dragged away by one of the crime lord's Hylobon Enforcers as Vos cleaned the weapon and took a drink.
Personality and traits
At the time of his death, Diles Anevi wore a gray gaberwool mantle of office over a black shirt and pants, along with black boots and a belt buckle that contained his transactional credit chip portfolio.
Behind the scenes
- "There was a debate about how Dryden would dispose of that unfortunate regional governor. Some of us really wanted him decapitated and we actually shot a version where a head rolls across the floor. Others felt that was a little too rough for Star Wars."
- ―Jon Kasdan
Diles Anevi first appeared in the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story, and was first identified by name in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. The credits for the film identify Miles Richardson as the actor portraying the "Regional Governor," and the Official Guide also contains an image of Richardson in the role; however, in the film itself, the governor is clearly portrayed by a different bearded actor.
During the filming of Solo, the production staff debated how exactly Dryden Vos would dispose of Anevi. Screenwriter Jon Kasdan and others wanted to have Vos decapitate Anevi, and a version in which Anevi's head rolls across the floor was filmed, but some felt that would be too graphic for a Star Wars film, so the decapitation version of the scene was ultimately cut.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 2 (Appears as a corpse)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Diles Anevi)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – The Official Collector's Edition (Picture only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Ultimate Guide (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on the First Light in Solo: A Star Wars Story, which includes Diles Anevi's death, to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Given that Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY, the aforementioned Solo events must take place in 10 BBY.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition