- "Dioxis! Breathe it, and you're dead!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
Dioxis was a toxic gas used by the Trade Federation and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Dioxis grenades were grenades that released the poisonous gas, and were used during the Galactic Civil War.
- "They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them."
- ―Nute Gunray regarding Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn
During the Trade Federation's invasion of the planet Naboo, the Neimoidians attempted to kill Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi by flooding a conference room of their Lucrehulk-class Battleship with the poisonous gas. However, both Jinn and Kenobi found their way out of the room and fled to Naboo.
During the Clone Wars, Count Dooku used dioxis as part of a contest on Serenno. Within an area known as The Box, eleven bounty hunters competed in a series of tests to prove whether they should be chosen as part of a team that would kidnap Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. The first task saw the competitors, which included a disguised Kenobi, having to escape a room that was being flooded with the gas.
Behind the scenesEdit
For the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "The Box," it was originally intended to fill the chamber of the first challenge at the Box with water instead of dioxis. According to supervising director Dave Filoni, however, when they wrote the story, they had yet to solve water, leading the production crew to drop water in favor of dioxis. Though they eventually solved for water, the constrained FX budget for the episode necessitated sticking with dioxis.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- "Intermission, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 13
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- "Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Battlefront