The Diplomatic Service was an organization in the Galactic Empire's bureaucracy that used diplomats throughout the galaxy for negotiations and talks between governments and large corporations. The Diplomatic Service was also responsible for distributing Imperial policies to planetary governors, which were slightly adapted when implemented, depending on the local circumstances.
Ambassador Telvar was dispatched to Mon Cala to negotiate with the planetary monarchy on trade disputes in 18 BBY. Telvar was killed when his Lambda-class T-4a shuttle was destroyed, igniting the Battle of Dac City and occupation of Mon Cala. Blaise Zirkonn once considered joining the diplomatic corps of the Empire, but was reassigned to Imperial Intelligence and then the Order of Inquisitors.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 13 (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Nexus of Power (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Dawn of Rebellion (First identified as Diplomatic Service)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Dawn of Rebellion
- According to Dawn of Rebellion, the Diplomatic Service consisted of diplomats for negotiations and distributing policies from the Galactic Empire to governments. Since Telvar is an ambassador, which is a type of diplomat, and he is involved in negotiations with Mon Cala's government, it can be deduced that Telvar was a member of the Diplomatic Service.
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 13
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 14
- Nexus of Power