The Disciples of the Whills were a Force-worshipping organization whose members wore simple red robes. At the time of Operation Fracture, they were the oldest faith to be still active on Jedha, although they were less demonstrably active in their practices than the Guardians of the Whills. Angber Trel, a male human, was a Disciple. Silvanie Phest was a female member of an Anomid colony that converted to become Disciples of the Whills.
They preferred to listen and try to understand the will of the Force, while the Guardians of the Whills preferred to sense the Force and its presence. They believed that both the light and dark side of the Force were valuable, believing for the light to exist there must be dark, and that the Force must remain in balance.
The influential disciple Kozem Pel wrote a collection of writings titled Collected Poems, Prayers, and Meditations on the Force.
Among their practices on Jedha was the act of collecting alms for the poor and singing their prayers at the Temple of the Kyber. Additionally, the Disciples ran and supported an orphanage that looked after the many orphans that appeared in the wake of the escalating violence on Jedha during the Imperial occupation. Killi Gimm particularly cared for the orphanage.
- Guardians of the Whills
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One Adaptation 1
- Star Wars (2015) 38 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2015) 40 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2015) 41 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Disciples of the Whills)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 65 (Weapons & Uniforms: Inhabitants of Jedha)