- "We don't even deliver ion disruptors! They're illegal, you know that, heh heh."
- ―Hondo Ohnaka
Disruptors were a type of particularly dangerous energy weapon which was banned by Imperial law, as well as Rebel Alliance regulations, during the reign of the Galactic Empire. One model of disruptor was the T-7 ion disruptor rifle, which were used by the Empire during the fall of the planet Lasan on its native Lasat population. The Aqualish weapon designer Amda Wabo later tried to sell a large supply of the weapons to Imperial Minister Maketh Tua, but was prevented from doing so by the crew of the starship known as the Ghost. Other model of disruptor included the T-8 disruptor, which was produced by the Empire, the Amban phase-pulse blaster, and the DX-2 disruptor blaster pistol.
- "These were banned by the Senate. You can short circuit an entire ship with these."
"That's not why they were banned…"
- ―Sabine Wren and Garazeb Orrelios, on T-7 ion disruptors
When fired upon a biological target, the victim was disintegrated atom by atom, resulting in a slow, painful death. After T-7's were used against the Lasat during the fall of their homeworld, the weapons were banned by the Imperial Senate. The mere sight of a T-7 was enough to cause surviving Lasat to recoil in shock.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 69 (Secrets of Spaceflight: Smuggling Partnerships) (Picture only)
- Gadgets and Gear
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian - The Art & Imagery Collector's Edition, Volume One
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Technology"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Score"
- The Star Wars Book
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- "Blasters and Firearms" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)