- "We'll leave as soon as you're ready. Docking Bay Ninety-four."
- ―Han Solo, to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker
Docking Bay 94 (also known as Hangar 94), one of Mos Eisley's 362 docking bays scattered throughout the city, was where the Millennium Falcon waited to rendezvous with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, and C-3PO and where a notorious meeting between Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo took place about a spice shipment tragedy Solo had never paid back. Aside from the Millennium Falcon itself, the hangar also contained at least three repulsorlift shuttles.
Docking Bay 94, like all of the bays in Mos Eisley, consisted of an entrance ramp and a restraining wall that surrounded a shallow pit. The pit absorbed and deflected the blasts made when starships landed or took off. By law, ships with repulsorlifts were required to use them when entering and leaving the docking bays.
The docking bay became the scene of a firefight between Han Solo and a squad of stormtroopers led by Captain Mod Terrik, having been informed about the location of the droids by Imperial spymaster Garindan, as the former attempted to escape Tatooine with his passengers.
Shortly before he was forced to flee Tatooine, Han Solo was confronted by Jabba the Hutt and his gang in Docking Bay 94 over Solo's debt to Jabba and the recent killing of Greedo. Solo managed to sweet-talk Jabba with the promise of a percentage of his next job and Jabba and his gang left.
Behind the scenesEdit
The scene in which Han Solo and Jabba have a showdown over an unpaid debt went through numerous changes between the original release and the Special Edition; originally, the actor Declan Mulholland portrayed Jabba. George Lucas stated in the DVD commentary that he intended to replace Mulholland with a stop-motion puppet effect but as the budget and schedule were running well over what was expected the filmed scenes were shelved. Later, in 1997, digital technology allowed Lucasfilm to use a computer-generated imagery for Jabba the Hutt more in line as he appeared in Return of the Jedi. The Special Edition version is canonical.
The number 94 appears on the walls of the docking bay.
After killing Greedo, Han Solo went to Docking Bay 94. There, while Solo was talking to Jabba, it appeared that Greedo was shown in the background. However, it was a different Rodian working for Jabba. In fact, Jabba had three Rodians in his party, all similarly dressed.
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Outward Bound (Mentioned only)
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip
- Fire Ring Race
- Shinbone Showdown
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale
- Star Wars Journal: The Fight for Justice
- Hammertong: The Tale of the "Tonnika Sisters" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Star Wars 2: Six Against the Galaxy
- Nightlily: The Lovers' Tale (Mentioned only)
- Tatooine Manhunt
- Star Wars Droids 7: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book II
- Super Star Wars (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 10: Showdown in Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Missions 11: Bounty Hunters vs. Battle Droids (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (Appears in flashback(s))
- Galaxy of Fear: The Brain Spiders
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Journal: Hero for Hire (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 1991 video game (as "Hangar 94")
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 16
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Planet Tatooine
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Tatooine Docking Bay 94)
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 2 (SOL4–5, Han Solo)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 4 (SKY4, Luke Skywalker)
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- Secrets of Tatooine
- Secrets of Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- "May The Facts Be With You: Part Two: #51-100"—Star Wars Insider 95
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Galactic Files Series 2 (Card: Docking Bay 94 (Places))
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Chachi De Maal) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Han Solo (Special)) (Picture only)