- "Someone has just accessed the main computer in a forward bay command office."
The control room was located along the equatorial trench of the first Death Star, next to Docking Bay 327. A bump-out contained a computer, next to which was a viewport that looked into the hangar below. On one side of the room was a small closet and the door. In one corner of the room was a security camera.
Treidum and another officer had been operating the control room in 0 BBY, during the arrival of the Millennium Falcon which had been pulled in by tractor beam. After several long minutes of no word from his stormtroopers below, he manned the comm and requested that TK-421 return to his post. A trooper appeared and signaled a helmet problem. Treidum acknowledged and opened the doors to the control room, but was knocked out by Chewbacca, after which his partner was shot. The control room then fell into hands of the Wookiee, as well as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO and R2-D2. As the droids located the tractor beam control, Solo and Skywalker formulated a plan for escape, and upon hearing of Princess Leia Organa detained on board, decided to visit Detention Block AA-23 to rescue her. The droids stayed behind while the rest headed separate ways throughout the battlestation. Unbeknownst to them, they were being watched over a security camera by Death Star librarian Atour Riten, who sympathized with the intruders and supplied the lifts to the detention block with the proper egress protocol.
The control room door eventually was opened by stormtroopers, who met the droids hiding in the closet. C-3PO diverted the stormtroopers who left one to stand guard in the room. The droids promptly left and relocated to a computer terminal in the hanger itself.
- Death Star (novel)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars (1977) 3
- Droids (1986) 7
- Star Wars: A New Hope - The Special Edition 2
- Star Wars Immunization PSA (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 14 (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Two-Player Introductory Set (Card: Death Star: Docking Control Room 327) (backup link) (First identified as Docking Control Room 327)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Han Solo (★★★)) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Luke Skywalker (★★★, Death Star)) (Indirect mention only)