- "Now, look, don't get any funny ideas. The old man wants us to wait right here."
- ―Han Solo, to Luke Skywalker
Treidum had been operating from the control room in 0 BBY, during the arrival of the Millennium Falcon which had been pulled in by tractor beam. After several long minutes of no word from his stormtroopers below, he manned the comm and requested that TK-421 return to his post. A trooper appeared and signaled a helmet problem. Treidum opened the doors to the control room and was attacked by Chewbacca. After a brief firefight, the control room then fell into hands of the Wookiee, as well as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO and R2-D2. As the droids located the tractor beam control, Solo and Skywalker formulated a plan for escape, and upon hearing of Princess Leia Organa detained on board, decided to visit Detention Block AA-23. The droids stayed behind while the rest headed separate ways throughout the battlestation.
The control room door eventually was opened by stormtrooper and officer forces, which met the droids hiding in a supply cabinet. C-3PO's quick diversion allowed him to take the comlink and speak to Skywalker as they were being crushed in Garbage Compactor 3263827. R2-D2's communications with the computer at the control room's droid outlet shut down the process and opened the doors for their friends. C-3PO and R2-D2 stayed in the control room until it was clear to move back to the ship.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Two-Player Introductory Set (Card: Death Star: Docking Control Room 327) (First identified as Docking Control Room 327)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Han Solo (★★★)) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Luke Skywalker (★★★, Death Star)) (Indirect mention only)