Doda Bodonawieedo was a male Rodian musician. He played at Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, but got ended up getting fired and replaced with the band Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes, protesting as he left the establishment. A few years later he was seen as a member of the Max Rebo Band at Jabba's Palace. This was four years after the Battle of Yavin, where he and the other members of the band played Jedi Rocks for the Hutt, who ordered it played a second time but then dropped his slave Oola into his rancor pit during the repeat performance when she refused his advances. Bodonawieedo and the band stopped playing as Oola was eaten by the rancor, and then witnessed the arrival of Princess Leia Organa disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh with the Wookiee Chewbacca as a prisoner.
Behind the scenes
Doda Bodonawieedo first appeared in the Special Edition re-release of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi in 1997. He was first named in the Star Wars Legends Power of the Force set of Hasbro Inc.'s action figure collection which was released in 1998. The name was confirmed to be canon by Music in the Star Wars Galaxy: The Modal Nodes vs. The Max Rebo Band, a StarWars.com article written by Amy Ratcliffe and published in 2015.
- Star Wars in Pictures: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Treasury: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 4 (In flashback(s))
- "Not for Nothing"—From a Certain Point of View
- War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha 1
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- (First identified as Doda Bodonawieedo)
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I