The Dohlbani sector was a Mid Rim sector. It contained the Apoka system, home to the Apokan silveroak; the Dohlban system, which lay on the Kaaga Run hyperlane; and the Thrynka system. The Dohlban system was also the site of a planet of the same name, which was home to the sentient Guineos. At some point, the trader Jhensara traveled to the Thrynka system but encountered an asteroid storm while in transit.
The Dohlbani sector was located in the Slice portion of the Mid Rim. By 0 ABY, it bordered the Lannik Wilds sector spinward and the Bothan and Endocray sectors in the trailing direction. The sector also formed a part of the Mid Rim's Rimward border with the Outer Rim Territories' Klina sector.
The northern section of the Dohlbani sector contained the Dohlban system, and the Apoka and Thrynka systems lay in the sector's southern portion. The Kaaga Run hyperlane connected the Dohlban system to Void Station in the Bothan sector and to the Nar Kaaga system in Hutt Space.
The Dohlban system contained the terrestrial planet of the same name, which was the homeworld of the sentient Guineo species. The Apoka system was home to the plant known as Apokan silveroak.
At some point, the merchant Jhensara acquired a starship with a full cargo-hold and then traveled to the sector's Thrynka system, where she planned to sell the goods she was transporting. However, while in transit, Jhensara's ship approached an asteroid storm, and she quickly determined that she had not, in fact, arrived at her destination.
Behind the scenes
The Dohlbani sector was established in the StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, which was written by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry. In 2012, the sector was depicted on a map designed by Modi and published in the Online Companion feature "Essential Atlas Extra: Sectors of the Mid Rim."
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- sector in the Mid Rim, between super-hyperroutes that The Essential Atlas identifies as the Corellian Run and the Perlemian Trade Route. The Essential Atlas also places that part of the Mid Rim in the Slice. places the Dohlbani
- hyperlane running through the Dohlbani sector, which The Essential Atlas identifies as the Kaaga Run. depicts a
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- sector systems of Dohlban in grid square R-13 and Apoka and Thrynka in square R-14, which corresponds to the northern and southern section of the sector, respectively, according to . places the Dohlbani
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Apoka system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Apokan silveroak species.
- "The History of R-Series Astromech Droids"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7