- "So as you can see, nothing is out of my reach."
- ―Dok-Ondar, to Kendoh Voss
Dok-Ondar was an Ithorian male collector who operated an antiquities shop in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu on the edge of Wild Space in the Outer Rim. According to a rumor, he was willing to trade any treasure as long as the price was right.
In 10 BBY, Dok-Ondar was present on First Light, the yacht operated by Crimson Dawn crime lord Dryden Vos, while Vos met with Tobias Beckett and Han Solo. Qi'ra, Vos' top lieutenant, wanted to ensure that Dok-Ondar was being well attended to.
Hiring Hondo OhnakaEdit
During the newly-established Galactic Empire's occupation of Jedha, Dok-Ondar hired and accompanied Captain Hondo Ohnaka to retrieve a Kyber crystal statue from the Temple of the Kyber. Dok-Ondar, Ohnaka, and his protege Quadoro went into the temple. Inside they were confronted by several Guardians of the Whills. Despite the Guardians, Dok-Ondar was able to grab one of the statues by using Mundi's lightsaber to cut it out. As they made their way out, they were confronted by Chirrut Îmwe. Dok-Ondar was able to convince Îmwe to let them leave with the statue. He and Ohnaka were able to board their shuttle and make their way past the Empire's blockade.
Hiring Han SoloEdit
At one point before the Battle of Yavin, Dok-Ondar, dealer of ancient antiquities stationed on Batuu, hired Solo to retrieve some infant sarlaccs from a famous holo scientific sarlacc keeper, Genzhor, on the planet I'vorcia Prime. When Solo arrived at the reserve, he found that Dr. Genzhor had been slain by his assistant, Ooris, when he pushed him into a pit of sarlaccs, and he was trying to scam him and attempted to steal his ship, the Millennium Falcon. After the events on I'vorcia Prime, Dok-Ondar was met again by Solo, returning the infant sarlacc. Dok-Ondar was dissatisfied with the results, due to there only being one, but Han lied and told him the reserve only had one.
Hiring Doctor AphraEdit
During the Galactic Civil War, Dok-Ondar hired some men and accompanied Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra and her crew to Moraband using his ship. Dok-Ondar went to Moraband retrieve the Sword of Khashyun from a Sith Temple. Dok-Ondar watched as Aphra and his muscle went into the temple. When 0-0-0 attempted to kill him, Dok-Ondar and his last man ripped 0-0-0 apart. He confronted Aphra after she and BT-1 retrieved the sword. Dok-Ondar fired a EMP pulse at BT-1 and refused to let the sword go to her. Aphra refused to give him the sword and had BT-1 take out the last of his muscle. Dok-Ondar shot at Aphra and split the sword in half. He took one half and left Aphra the other half. Dok-Ondar left her and her droids on Moraband. He deeply regretted splitting the sword in half.
Encountering Kendoh's crewEdit
At one point, Remex Io, a Clawdite reunited with his crew led by female human Kendoh Voss, spoke with Ondar on Batuu, at Black Spire Outpost. Ondar was disappointed with how late the crew was, due to the First Order's arrival and Remex needing to take a longer route through an alley. While there, the other member of Voss' crew, Wooro, noticed an infant sarlacc. Dok-Ondar told him the story of Solo smuggling them in from a reserve on I'vorcia Prime, but Voss immediately got to showing Ondar what she wants to sell him. When Dok-Ondar saw what was on the screen, a lightsaber, he asked them to leave immediately. His assistant asked him how that weapon could have been retrieved, and Dok wanted to make sure it did not fall into the wrong hands.
Personality and traitsEdit
Dok-Ondar was known for being a bit temperamental, yet he was willing to sell good stuff to his customers if they did the right deals with him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "There's a reason Dok-Ondar's name ripples far and wide in the Star Wars universe. He's a mysterious Ithorian who is the proprietor of the most notorious antiquities shop in the galaxy. And every item has a story behind it. Some more dangerous to listen to than others."
- ―Ethan Sacks on Dok-Ondar
The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts panel at the D23 Expo on July 16, 2017 announced Dok-Ondar as a character that will make appearances in the upcoming theme-park land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The themed lands are set to open in 2019, first at Disneyland in Anaheim, California and then at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Dok-Ondar takes the form of an animatronic that cast-member attendants will interact with, asking how much it will take to part with certain items. A bust of Dok-Ondar was later present during Celebration Chicago.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First mentioned)
- Force Collector
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge 1 (First appearance)
- Galaxy's Edge 2
- Galaxy's Edge 3
- Galaxy's Edge 4
- Galaxy's Edge 5
- A Crash of Fate
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
- Star Wars: Datapad (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ A Crash of Fate takes place after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which is dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. According to Matt Martin, A Crash of Fate takes place before Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which is also placed in 34 ABY by a timeline shown at D23 2019. A Crash of Fate must therefore also be set in 34 ABY. As A Crash of Fate establishes that Dok-Ondar is over 200 years old, it can be deduced that he was born before 166 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 A Crash of Fate
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Galaxy's Edge 1
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 2
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 3
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 4
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 5
- ↑ 11.0 11.1
- ↑ Here's a Sneak Peek of Disneyland's New Star Wars Attractions