- "This fleet, what is it, a gift? What is he asking for in return? Does he—arrgh!"
- ―Domaric Quinn's caustic comments crosses Kylo Ren's temper, who slams the general into the conference chamber's ceiling
Domaric Quinn was a human male who served the Galactic Empire as a junior officer before rising to become a general and key ground forces commander in the First Order. He was selected to serve as part of Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's Supreme Council, but found it difficult to keep his doubts about Ren's reliance on mysticism in check.
In 35 ABY, he questioned Ren on the First Order's allegiance with the Sith Eternal cult and its Sith fleet on Exegol during a meeting of the council on board the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Steadfast. Ren cut Quinn off by using the Force to choke the general and slam him into the ceiling, ultimately killing him.
- "Forgive me, sir, but these allies on Exegol, they sound like a cult. Conjurers and soothsayers."
"They've conjured legions of Star Destroyers. The Sith fleet will increase our resources ten thousand fold."
- ―Domaric Quinn and Enric Pryde discuss the Sith fleet
Born at some point prior to 5 BBY, Domaric Quinn was a human male who served the Galactic Empire as a junior officer of the Imperial Officer Corps during its reign. After the fall of the Empire, Quinn was amongst those Imperials who joined the First Order and rose to the rank of general, becoming one of its key ground force commanders. He served under Supreme Leader Snoke until his death at the Battle of Crait in 34 ABY, after which he came to serve under Snoke's successor, Kylo Ren.
When Ren formed a Supreme Council to help plan the future of the First Order, Quinn was given a seat, and in 35 ABY attended one of the council's meetings on board the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Steadfast. Ren presented the Council with the head of the Resistance sympathizer Boolio and announced that there was a traitor within their ranks; however, due to the recent discovery of the Galactic Emperor Darth Sidious's survival on the planet Exegol and the promise of a Sith fleet to bolster the forces of the First Order, the Supreme Leader was unconcerned.
Going too farEdit
- "Prepare to crush any worlds that defy us. My knights and I are going hunting for the scavenger."
- ―Kylo Ren gives orders as he kills Quinn
Quinn then questioned the First Order's allegiance with the Sith Eternal forces on Exegol, complaining that they were a cult. Allegiant General Enric Pryde reminded Quinn of the extreme increase in resources the Sith fleet would provide, but Quinn persisted and asked Ren what it was that the Sith wanted in return.
Mid-sentence, Quinn was cut off when Ren used the Force to begin choking him, before proceeding to slam the general into the ceiling of the conference room. Something in Quinn's body fractured loudly upon impact, and Ren slowly choked the general to death, as he ordered the other officers present to focus on crushing all remaining resistance to the First Order while he hunted down the scavenger Rey.
Personality and traitsEdit
Quinn was a technologist at heart and used logic-based solutions verified by complex computer simulations in his battle strategies. He disagreed with Snoke's reliance on mysticism, but kept his opinions in check. Under Kylo Ren, the general was frustrated by the fact that the Supreme Leader was more than ten years his junior and struggled to keep his temper under control, questioning Ren openly in front of the Supreme Council about his alliance with the Sith Eternal, who he considered little more than conjurers and soothsayers. During the exchange, Quinn's voice dripped with contempt. Quinn had Light skin, blue eyes and black hair.
Behind the scenesEdit
Domaric Quinn was portrayed by Simon Paisley Day in the 2019 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. His surname was revealed in the film's credits, while his forename was first revealed in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Domaric)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes Quinn's death according to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition, must occur in 35 ABY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker