Dominic Pace (born September 21, 1975) is an American actor who portrayed the bounty hunter Gekko in the first and third chapters of The Mandalorian. According to the actor, his character was referred to as "Gekko" during production due to the unique skin patterns of his mask resembling those of a leopard gecko. Pace was also able to select his own weapon during production and chose a large, unique heavy blaster.
Pace stated in several interviews and fan events that Gekko had been adopted as the name of the character. Pace has also confirmed that he would like his species to be known as a Shaaridan. Pace stated in a recent interview that at he views Gekko as ruthless, unapologetic, imposing and intense.
In Chapter 3, Pace's character is again seen multiple times. He is one of the many bounty hunters notified via a tracking fob of the Mandalorian breaking the Bounty Hunter Code and attempting to rescue "the Child" from Nevarro. While Karga attempts to reason with Djarin, Gekko can be seen standing next to Karga with his blaster pointed at the Mandalorian. Pace has stated that he believes his character would be next to the leader of the Bounty Hunters' Guild in this tense situation because he would be a "one of the left-hand men, one of top guys" for Karga.
Pace can be seen several more times firing on Djarin as he attempts to escape. However, his character and the rest of the Bounty Hunter's Guild are scattered when heavy reinforcements arrive on Djarin's behalf the form of other Mandalorian warriors. While the fate of Pace's character is still unknown, he recently stated that: "I'd like to believe that he's not dead."
Pace has been very active on social media and the press circuit. He also plans on attending several conventions and events including Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in August 2020. Recently, he was accepted as an honorary member of the fan organizations the 501st Legion, the Rebel Legion, and the Imperial Outlanders. Pace is a lifelong Star Wars fan and described his time on set and in costume as one of the coolest experiences of his lifetime.
- The Mandalorian (uncredited)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Lo, Daniel (2019-11-24). Exclusive Interview with Dominic Pace, Bounty Hunter "Gekko" in "The Mandalorian". Boba Fett Fan Club. Archived from the original on November 30, 2019. Retrieved on January 3, 2020.
- ↑ 10 Questions with Dominic Pace (2020-02-03). Archived from the original on February 5, 2020.
- ↑ Fletzer, Pete (2019-11-11). Episode 39 - Dominic Pace, The Mandalorian. Around the Galaxy. SoundCloud. Archived from the original on January 3, 2020. Retrieved on January 3, 2020.
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ Dinich, Michael (2019-11-11). Actor Dominic Pace: Star Wars Fan Lands a Dream Appearance. Your Money Geek. Archived from the original on January 3, 2020. Retrieved on January 3, 2020.