Donovia was a rainy planet where mechanics known as Donovian rainmen maintained signal towers. During the Separatist Crisis, some rainmen who had left Donovia became freighter trampers and traveled on board the AA-9 Freighter-Liner Jendirian Valley as it carried refugees fleeing the crisis from the planet Coruscant to the planet Naboo in 22 BBY.
Behind the scenes
Donovia was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the "Starship Fact File" department of the 2015 magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 50, which was written by Tim Veekhoven. The world originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first mentioned in the 2002 reference book Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by David West Reynolds.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 50 (Starship Fact File: AA-9 Coruscant Starfreighter) (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 50 (Starship Fact File: AA-9 Coruscant Starfreighter)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which includes the Jendirian Valley's journey from Coruscant to Naboo, to 22 BBY.
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary