- "Doonium has been the metal alloy of choice for nearly 10 centuries in capital starship construction. The distinctive white-gray cast of the battlecraft constructed with doonium has become synonymous with serious naval power."
- ―Harod Crimmler of the Historical Battleship Preservation Association, as quoted in Imperial Defense Daily
Doonium was a heavy metal primarily used in starship hull construction. It gave ships such as those in the Imperial Navy their characteristic white-gray color. Doonium was mined primarily from asteroids and other small planetoids.[source?] The Empire granted exclusive mining contracts to companies like Turlin Corp to provide the needed ore.
Between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Hoth, the Galactic Empire experienced a raw materials shortage that included a shortage of doonium. As a result, many ships languished in spacedock without proper hull plating. To clear space in the Kuat drydocks, a flotilla of Victory-class Star Destroyers was equipped with red havod alloy hulls instead of the traditional doonium.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:4:14"—Star Wars Insider 67 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures video game
- Star Wars Galaxies
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Operation: Elrood
- The Glove of Darth Vader (First appearance)
- Zorba the Hutt's Revenge
Sources[edit | edit source]
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Black Sands of Socorro (as doonuim)
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia