- "I used to be proud to say, 'Lieutenant Doorn, Corsuscant Security Forces.' These days, it's just a job. Doesn't even pay the bills."
Doorn was a Human male living on the planet Coruscant. He worked as a police officer for the Coruscant Security Force and was able to achieve the rank of lieutenant before the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. During the Cold War period that followed the war, Doorn was posted to the Black Sun territory. The assignment was difficult, with constant street warfare against the Black Sun crime syndicate. Like many veteran cops, Doorn became extremely cynical, frustrated, and burned out. At one point he was assigned the task of securing plans for Coruscant's secret tunnels. Working with Agent Fieler Dan of the Republic Strategic Information Service, Doorn tracked the plans to Coruscant's Justicar territory. When Dan failed to contact Doorn, he sent a Republic individual after her who was able to locate the plans.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "I don't have the manpower to recover stolen intelligence! I—I can't just pull a commando unit out of my helmet, can I?"
- ―Doorn, discussing the Black Sun Territory
Doorn, a Human male, served on the planet Coruscant as a police officer with the Coruscant Security Force. He had attained the rank of lieutenant before the outbreak of war between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. During the subsequent Cold War, he was posted to the Black Sun territory which, due to the constant street warfare with the Black Sun crime syndicate, was a hard assignment.
Around 3643 BBY, plans of secret tunnels underneath Coruscant were stolen by the vigilante Justicars' Brigade militia. Doorn was assigned the task of recovering the plans and sent a female agent of the Republic Strategic Information Service, Fieler Dan, to discover the location of the plans. However, Doorn lost communications with the SIS agent and requested the help of a Republic individual in locating her. The individual was able to infiltrate the Justicars' Sector and find the missing agent. Dan informed the individual where the plans were kept, but requested a copy of the plans so that she could give them to her daughter to help bring in food and supplies to the refugees. The individual was able to retrieve the plans and returned to Dan intending to give the schematics to Doorn. However, Dan pleaded with the individual to let her make a copy of the plans. The individual consented and then returned the plans to Doorn without telling him that copies had been made.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "Look at this place. Nothing but freeloading tramps. I don't know why we bother."
- ―Doorn, discussing the Black Sun Territory
Doorn was a Human male with light skin, black hair, and dark blue eyes. Though he had once been proud of both his job and his rank, he no longer felt so by the time of the Cold War. As with his fellow veteran cops, Doorn felt burned out and frustrated. The constant street warfare had taken its toll on living conditions, and cops suffered as much as civilians. To Doorn, police work no longer served to keep the peace, but was instead a difficult job with barely enough pay.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Doorn appears as part of the "Secret Passages" Republic-sided mission in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game by BioWare released on December 20, 2011. The Republic character undertakes a mission for Doorn to secure plans of secret tunnels on Coruscant. The player can choose to not to let Dan make a copy as a dark side choice.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "Secret Passages" on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Coruscant Security"