- "[…] but when we picked up that load of recruits off Dorvalla, I noticed you hovered."
- ―Micha Evon, to Brand
Dorvalla was a celestial body in the galaxy where the Rebel Alliance's Sixty-First Mobile Infantry recruited a number of new soldiers at some point by the year 0 BBY. The company's Captain Micha Evon soon noticed that the soldier Brand, who was secretly a bounty hunter, lingered around those new recruits. Evon cited this when Brand attempted to take a bounty on the captain during a battle on the planet Allst Prime. He mentioned his point about the recruits from Dorvalla while trying to convince Brand to stay with the Sixty-First.
Behind the scenesEdit
Dorvalla was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the short story "Inbrief," written by Janine K. Spendlove and first published in Star Wars Insider 161 on November 10, 2015. The location was originally first mentioned in the 1996 Star Wars Legends roleplaying guide Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook, which was written by Peter M. Schweighofer, and later made its first appearance in the 2001 short story Darth Maul: Saboteur, written by James Luceno.
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161 (First mentioned)
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars 2016 Del Rey Sampler
- "Inbrief"—Battlefront: Twilight Company (Paperback edition)
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2019
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161
- ↑ In Battlefront: Twilight Company, the rebel trooper Hazram Namir refers to Brand as a bounty hunter during the battle on Vir Aphshire, which occurs concurrently with the Battle of Yavin. As "Inbrief" establishes that Brand's bounty hunter past was not known by other rebels until the battle of Allst Prime, that battle must have taken place before the Battle of Yavin, which occurs in 0 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- ↑ Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ Darth Maul: Saboteur