- "I'm sorry, Dov. There'd better be a manda for you, some kind of immortality, or there won't be enough revenge in the galaxy for me."
- ―Kal Skirata in his thoughts to Dov
Dov was a clone commando born and bred on the planet Kamino to serve in the Grand Army of the Republic sometime after or during the year 32 BBY. A clone of the Human bounty hunter Jango Fett, the teen-aged Dov was killed during training at some point before 21 BBY. Dov's Mandalorian training sergeant Kal Skirata held himself responsible for the commando's death, and he hoped that the dead commando would become a part of manda, a collective state of being for all Mandalorian souls upon death. During the Clone Wars, a conflict between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Skirata named a DeepWater-class freighter he had purchased Aay'han—a word of the Mando'a language that described a particular state of mind—to honor the memory of Dov.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Republic Commando: True Colors (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Aay'han")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Republic Commando: True Colors
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The New Essential Chronology places the creation of the clone army in the year 32 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The death of Dov at some point in the past is mentioned in Republic Commando: True Colors, the events of which are dated to the year 21 BBY by The Essential Reader's Companion.