- "Just like that swarm of venom-mites on Draboon, remember?"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Satine Kryze
Draboon was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Mandalore sector. During the Mandalorian Civil War in 42 BBY, Duchess Satine Kryze, leader of the reformist New Mandalorians, fell under the protection of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. Duchess Satine became a target for bounty hunters, and the two Jedi removed her from Mandalore for her own safety. At some point during their nearly year-long time on the run, they found themselves on Draboon. While on Draboon, Kryze and Kenobi encountered a swarm of venom-mites and Kenobi carried Kryze to safety, though his chivalric act was tarnished when he dropped her unceremoniously, leaving her with a permanent scar from the fall.
After the end of the Mandalorian Civil War and the installment of the New Mandalorian government, a custom-made luxury yacht was created for the Duchess. The interiors of the starship, named the Coronet, featured many natural resources found in the Mandalore sector to showcase the many fine things Mandalore could offer the galaxy. Among these fittings featured in the the ship's grand hall, referred to as the Promenade, was lapis from Draboon.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 76 (Starship Fact File: Duchess Satine's Coronet)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- According to The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 98 (MAN 1-4, Mandalore), the Mandalorian Civil War took place around 20 years before the Clone Wars. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the beginning of the Clone Wars to the year 22 BBY, it can be determined that the Mandalorian Civil War took place circa 42 BBY.