- M-TD: "Master Lowbacca estimates that they will overtake us within minutes. What are we to do?"
- Jaina: "We'll go there and try to cause some trouble as they dodge around the rocks. We're smaller, more maneuverable."
- Jacen: "I doubt they'll give up because of a navigation hazard."
- Jaina: "No, but we can hope they crash."
- ―M-TD, Lobacca's translator droid, Jaina, and Jacen, discussing how to escape the Bartokk assassins
The Dragon's Teeth was a natural formation of jagged rocks located in an ocean near Reef Fortress Island on the planet Hapes. In 23 ABY, Hapan Queen Mother Ta'a Chume and Jedi trainees Tenel Ka, Lowbacca, Jacen Solo, and Jaina Solo, along with Lobacca's translator droid M-TD, were in a boat being chased by Bartokk assassins who were hired to kill Ta'a Chume. Jaina, who was piloting the craft, decided to try to make the assassins crash by leading them into the Dragon's Teeth. Although the assassins did not crash, their craft did sustain some damage and three Bartokks fell out of it. The remaining Bartokks were eventually killed by some carnivorous seaweed which Jaina lured them into.
Behind the scenes
The Dragon's Teeth first appeared in Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers, a young reader's novel written by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta and published in 1998. Later, it was given an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, published in 2008.
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers (First appearance)