- "I don't believe you've met my pet vornskyrs, Councilor. This one's named Drang; the somewhat more aloof one there is Sturm."
- ―Talon Karrde
Karrde encountered Drang pinned in one of his Myrkr base's perimeter traps. Having already learned from Sturm that removing a vornskr's venomous tail will curb its aggressive tendencies, Karrde tranquilized Drang and bobbed its tail. When Drang recovered, Karrde was able to train him easily. Karrde brought Drang and Sturm to Mount Tantiss, in hopes that they could locate Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker using their Force-related hunting technique.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The name, along with Drang, was a reference to Sturm und Drang, an eighteenth-century German literary movement emphasizing struggles of the individual against society, something which author Timothy Zahn felt would appeal to Karrde as an educated, pun-loving sort.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising
- The Last Command
- The New Rebellion
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- "ISB Intercepts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Smuggler's Alliance"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia