- "I don't think he's ever been on time for anything in his whole life."
- ―Han Solo, about Dravis
Biography[edit | edit source]
During 1 ABY, Dravis was one of the smugglers in Talon Karrde's early version of Smugglers' Alliance. He operated out of the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine, and tasked another Smugglers' Alliance pilot with a series of missions. These missions involved defending the Tatoo system from Black Sun starfighters, and securing shipments from commerce raiders and other aggressive entities.
Later, Dravis agreed to grant passage for a female entertainer named Ex and a Sullustan named Sh'ira to the city of Coronet on Corellia for 100,000 credits. After Ex angrily killed an Imperial Stormtrooper outside the Mos Eisley Spaceport, Ex and her friend were desperate to escape the planet in order to evade arrest. After receiving payment, Dravis carried both individuals aboard his M22-T Krayt gunship.
Dravis was also the friend of a more famous ex-Imperial smuggler, Han Solo. When Han set out in 9 ABY to hire smugglers to help alleviate the New Republic's shortfall of freighters and pilots, it was Dravis that Han contacted first. Dravis gave Han the New Republic's first warning about Grand Admiral Thrawn, though he was unaware of the actual identity of the new Imperial leader. He also let Han know that the low-key Talon Karrde actually ran the largest smuggling organization in the galaxy.
Later, Dravis was assigned by Karrde to help track down Thrawn's secret cloning facility.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
- X-Wing: The Bacta War (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- The Last Command
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Smuggler's Alliance"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia