- "Good luck, Han Solo. We'll have you flying in no time."
- ―Drawd Munbrin, to Han Solo
Drawd Munbrin was a human male recruitment officer that served as a chief in the Galactic Empire. By 13 BBY, Munbrin was stationed in Coronet Spaceport, where he encountered the future smuggler Han Solo. Munbrin gave Han the surname Solo.
Encounter with HanEdit
In 13 BBY, Munbrin was stationed in Coronet Spaceport enrolling the potential recruits for the Empire. One day, a young man named Han appeared and was interested in joining the Empire and becoming the best pilot in the galaxy. When Munbrin asked Han his surname, Han stated that he didn't have one and indicated to the officer that he was alone. Munbrin decided to assign Han the surname "Solo" and sent him on his way to academy on Carida.
The story of how Munbrin gave Solo his surname was made known. A Snivvian bounty hunter, however, believed the story of Munbrin's encounter with Solo to be deliberate disinformation and believed instead that Solo was a direct descendant of the Prince-Admiral Jonashe Solo, a member of the ancient Corellian royalty. A Crimson Dawn enforcer, on the other hand, believed that Solo was the grandson of the Corellian pirate Dalla Suul and that Munbrin misheard his surname when recruiting him.
Behind the scenesEdit
Munbrin's line when he gives Han his surname was the first line written for the film's script back in 2012 when Lawrence Kasdan pitched the film to Disney CEO Bob Iger some weeks before The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm Ltd. While he was talking with Simon Kinberg and Michael Arndt, Kasdan told the pair about the moment when Han gets his name and how it happens.
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
- (First pictured)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Drawd Munbrin)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- ↑ The Paradise Snare
- ↑ Zakarin, Jordan (May 15, 2018). THE MOST IMPORTANT LINE IN SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY WAS THE FIRST ONE WRITTEN. SYFY WIRE. Retrieved on May 26, 2018.
- ↑ Imperial Forces Rank Chart - Rogue One. Glyn Dillon (November 28, 2017). Retrieved on May 26, 2018, 10:28 am UTC. "I sometimes get asked, on Twitter, about certain things to do with the details of Star Wars costumes, especially Imperial costumes. I try to answer as best I can but I can’t always remember... ‘ranking’ is something that crops up every now and then ...so I’ve been meaning to post this on here for a while. My co-designer, David Crossman is a military expert, much like John Mollo was, so this is something he put together, after studying all the OT films and working out what he thought John Mollo was doing with the Imperial ranking. It was devised for Rogue One... and if there are any Imperials in Solo, we would’ve have used this system again... But obviously I can’t say if we did 😜 I hope it’s useful for all the cosplayers and costumers out there" (archive copy)