The Droch-class boarding ship, also referred to as the Droch dropship, the Separatist boarding ship, droid landing pod, or pod-hunter, was a model of boarding craft used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. During the early stages of the Malevolence campaign, the craft were used to hunt down and destroy the escape pods of destroyed Republic fleets so the existence of the Malevolence would be kept secret. They were also used to deploy troops onboard enemy vessels, including the Venator-class Star Destroyer Tranquility and the Coronet.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore" (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Separatist boarding ship)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Droch-class boarding ship)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing 19 (Starfighter Aces: Asajj Ventress – Dark Side Assassin) (First identified as Droch dropship)
- Rise of the Separatists