- "We dueled on Dantooine. Fought for three days. I won when I convinced him to abandon the dark side and train as a Jedi."
- ―Tol Braga
During the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Jedi Master Tol Braga corresponded regularly with various Sith Lords as he sought a way to bring the conflict to a peaceful close. However, the Kel Dor's efforts were unsuccessful until Darth Sajar, a member of the Sith's ruling Dark Council, asked to meet him on the planet Dantooine to discuss peace.
Their meeting occurred sometime between 3678 BBY and the end of the war in 3653 BBY. Sajar attacked the Jedi when he arrived, beginning a duel that would last for three days as the two debated and attempted to draw their opponent over to their respective side of the Force. The duel ended when Braga successfully convinced the Dark Councilor to abandon the dark side and become his Padawan learner. Shedding his title of Darth, Sajar shared much of his knowledge with the Jedi Council, including information on the agents known as the Children of the Emperor.
Behind the scenes
The duel was first mentioned by Tol Braga in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 video game released by BioWare. During the Jedi Knight class mission "The Emperor's Wrath," Braga explains his history with Sajar before sending the player to Quesh. The 2012 reference book Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia gave more information about the duel, though it incorrectly placed it on Nar Shaddaa.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Emperor's Wrath" on Quesh
- The Dark Council first learned of the existence of the Children of the Emperor in 3678 BBY, as detailed in The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future. The Essential Guide to Warfare states that the Great Galactic War ends in 3653 BBY. As the duel took place after Sajar became aware of the Children of the Empire and before the end of the war, it must have taken place sometime between these two dates.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Jedi Master Tol Braga (Knight)"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Defector" on the Abandoned Mining Facility