- "You will, therefore, be taken to the Dune Sea and cast into the Pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlacc."
- ―C-3PO, translating Jabba the Hutt
The Dune Sea was a vast stretch of desert on the Outer Rim planet of Tatooine. The Great Pit of Carkoon, which contained a creature known as the sarlacc, was located in the Dune Sea. The Western Dune Sea was where the Mos Espa Grand Arena was located. The palace of Jabba the Hutt and the home of Obi-Wan Kenobi were located outside the Dune Sea.
Archaeological evidence suggested that, long before the Imperial Era, the Dune Sea had been a sea that Tatooine's two suns, Tatoo I and Tatoo II, dried up. According to Jawa folklore, the Dune Sea was once a genuine ocean. Although many colonists found it hard to believe that water had once flowed abundantly on Tatooine, ancient fossil-bearing rocks and eroded canyons seemed to back up the Jawas' tales.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A New Home"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Home One"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga