- "What a desolate place this is."
During the time of the Infinite Empire, a Rakatan star temple was built in a cave in the Eastern Dune Sea. Revan and his companions found the map being guarded by a krayt dragon and used its information to discover Lehon.
Jabba's Palace was located just beyond the southwestern border of this desert. During his time on Tatooine, Obi-Wan Kenobi lived in a hut in the Jundland Wastes that was also located near the southwestern edge of the sea. The Dune Sea was home to the sarlacc that lived in the Great Pit of Carkoon.
Following the escape of the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO from their clutches, the Galactic Empire conducted a search of the entire planet. During their search in the Dune Sea, they discovered a small cell of Alliance to Restore the Republic soldiers and wiped them out, as well as a Tusken Raider camp nearby.
Behind the scenes
The Dune Sea appears in a map in the 2004 video game Star Wars: Battlefront. During the Historical Campaign, the battle on the map appears as an Imperial mission, although the game's story was secondary continuity, according to Leland Chee, the keeper of Lucasfilm Ltd.'s Holocron continuity database.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Old Wounds (Mentioned only)
- "Best Birthday Ever"—Star Wars Tales 16 (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- "Fortune, Fate, and the Natural History of the Sarlacc"—Star Wars Tales 6
- The Return of Tag & Bink: Special Edition