Dura-armor or DuraArmour was an incredibly durable, industrial-strength material that was capable of absorbing and re-directing blaster energy away from it. Consisting of the substances neutronium, lommite and zersium, all set in a specific matrix, dura-armor could be used to construct shields and helmets.
The labor droid Bollux was equipped with a dura-armor shield for his gladiatorial combat against a Mark X Executioner at the Stars' End facility. During combat on the planet Kestos Minor, Imperial storm commando Modigal Glave's helmet was shattered by a point-blank blaster shot which sent fragments of dura-armor into his face, scarring him on the right side. Glave single-handedly fended off a platoon of Rebels until AT-ATs arrived despite the pain.
Behind the scenesEdit
"DuraArmour" (as it is spelled in the manual) is a game mechanic stat in the strategy game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. This stat, possessed by each unit and building, defines protection from long-range attacks.
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- "Combat Moon"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (As DuraArmour)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia