Duraplast was a white metal used during production of durable equipment. It was much stronger than many other metals, and was thus widely used throughout the galaxy by Imperial and New Republic Navies. The main element used in synthesizing duraplast was carbon.
Duraplast was also used in armor, such as Katarn-class commando armor and variants of Mandalorian armor, and was capable of offering protection up to light grenades, Verpine shatter gun rounds, medium slugs, and light laser cannon rounds. Duraplast could also be reinforced to be extremely resistant to EMP and ion cannon warfare.
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Goroth: Slave of the Empire
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Dangerous Covenants
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia