- "Veermoks may be strong, but those are durasteel bars. I don't see how they could do this kind of damage."
- ―Milo Graf
Durasteel was a type of metal alloy used for a variety of purposes, ranging from combat armor to buildings. More resistant than standard steel but weaker than the common alloys of titanium, durasteel was able to protect against kinetic damage, so it was often used for defensive plating on military towers.
Production and usageEdit
Zersium was an ore critical to the making of durasteel, and was found in the bedrock of the planet Nag Ubdur. Because of this, the Galactic Empire strip-mined the planet to make use of its ore deposits.
Part of the Calcoraan Depot was made of durasteel, and Denetrius Vidian was placed in durasteel cuffs when he was captured by Hera Syndulla, Kanan Jarrus, Skelly and Zaluna Myder. Additionally, the starship Forager possessed a catwalk made of heavy durasteel. The Millennium Falcon was armored with a form-fitted durasteel shell.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: X-Wing Deluxe Book and Model Set
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- YT-1300 Corellian Freighter Owner's Workshop Manual