Few Durindfires ever left the planet, though some were bought and sold by the Galactic Empire to help finance the Death Star project. The Alliance to Restore the Republic was able to pinpoint the Empire's various development sites by tracking the movement of these gems, and additionally used this information to uncover the origins of the TIE Phantom Project.
Jawas used Durindfires to make lenses to protect their sensitive rodent-like eyesight from the bright sunlight. Most of other inhabitants of Tatooine, though, didn't know the value of these gems, found in the desert sands, and thought them to be worthless.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The novella Side Trip, in which the Durindfire first appeared, uses the alternate spelling "Durind Firegem".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (novel) (First mentioned)
- Side Trip (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: The Phantom Affair (Mentioned only)
- I, Jedi
- Star Wars: Legacy
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species