- "Let us become spears."
- ―A ritual phrase of the Duros people
The Duros were a humanoid species common in the galaxy native to the planet Duro. Notable Duros include bounty hunter Cad Bane who operated during the Clone Wars and Shriv Suurgav, a Duros who was a member of the New Republic Inferno Squad, and later the Resistance Inferno Squad.
Biology and appearance
The Duros were a humanoid species native to Duro, a planet located in the Duro sector of the galaxy's Core Worlds. They had smooth blue-green skin, red eyes, lipless mouths, and long thin noseless faces with green blood. When the Duros experienced high amounts of strain, a kind of oil—which had a highly irritating smell and bad taste—gathered in the sacs along their ribs. This was an evolutionary throwback and defense mechanism, remaining from when the Duros were liable to be eaten by a number of entities roaming Duro.  They were related to the similar-looking Neimoidian species, having sufficiently diverged in physically appearance by 15,000 BBY to be distinguished.
The Duros were one of the first cultures to develop hyperdrive-equipped ships, and as such, could be found all over the galaxy and were described as adventurous. A colonial species, they had migrated and adapted to dominate many worlds. After the establishment of the Galactic Empire, Duro became one of the first planets in the Core Worlds to be under Imperial control. Many Duros would become fugitives from their homeworld, and many joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Duros in the galaxy
Cad Bane was a male Duros bounty hunter during the Clone Wars who was regarded as one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy following the death of Jango Fett. Bane would continue his work as a bounty hunter into the Imperial Era.
Multiple Force-sensitive Duros joined the Jedi Order, including Jedi Council member Rana Kant, Jedi Knight Te'Ami, and Jedi Master Wishan. Another Force-sensitive Duros joined the Sith and became a Sith Lord named Darth Caldoth.
Other Duros joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic including Shriv Suurgav, who led Danger Squadron and would later join Inferno Squad as part of the New Republic and Resistance Another Duros in the Alliance to Restore the Republic was L'ulo L'ampar, a member of Starlight Squadron and Green Squadron, who would later join Black Squadron in the Resistance. Norath Kev was a Duros who joined the Resistance as a spy.
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 1" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 2" (In flashback(s))
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Test"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Storms of Taul"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Hunting for Han"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Chase with Han/Escape with Chewbacca"
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Dealing with Lando/Han and Chewie Strike Back"
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- "Always Bet on Chop"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 52 (Guide to the Galaxy: The History of Neimoidia)
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Reunion"
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 1"
- "Gaze of Stone"—Myths & Fables
- Star Wars (2020) 10
- Shattered Empire 1
- Poe Dameron 1
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Missing Agent"
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide