General Dustil Forell was a male human who served as the head of Support Services in the Alliance to Restore the Republic. He and other members of Alliance High Command attended a meeting in the Great Temple on the moon Yavin 4 in 0 BBY, where the Galactic Empire's Death Star superweapon was discussed. He was later part of the Alliance forces that gathered in the Sullust system before the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, and attended a briefing on Home One, flagship of Admiral Gial Ackbar.
Dustil Forell was a human male who served as a general in the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Part of Alliance High Command, he oversaw the Support Services division, which was a thankless task dedicated to the Alliance's anemic transportation network. Forell was part of the Massassi Group based in the rebel headquarters in the Great Temple on the moon Yavin 4, where the transportation network encompassed less than a dozen medium freighters and one military-converted light freighter. A classified intelligence document titled Form #49021804-REB that listed Forell as one of the members of the Alliance's Rebel Council was included in the collection of documents that became known as The Rebel Files.
In 0 BBY, Forell attended a meeting in the Great Temple where the Alliance High Command discussed information brought to them by the criminal Jyn Erso, who claimed that the Galactic Empire was building a superweapon known as the Death Star, which was capable of destroying planets and that the plans for the weapon, which would reveal a weakness, were being stored on the planet Scarif.
She proposed that the Alliance must mobilize to seize the plans, but the council could not reach agreement and so no attack was authorized. Forell, who had been stood behind senators Vasp Vaspar and Tynnra Pamlo, then dispersed with the rest of the crowd as the meeting ended. Erso ultimately led an unauthorized squad to Scarif to steal the plans, which forced the Alliance to mobilize and engage the Empire at the Battle of Scarif, where they successfully acquired the plans.
The Alliance used the plans to destroy the Death Star at the Battle of Yavin, after which they entirely evacuated the Great Temple in 0 ABY. In 4 ABY, Forell was among the Alliance forces that amassed in the Sullust system in preparation for an attack on the second Death Star. He was among the rebel leaders who were summoned onto Admiral Gial Ackbar's flagship, Home One, where a briefing on the attack was given. Forell served as one of the leaders of the Alliance Fleet when traveled to the Endor system and successfully destroyed the Death Star at the Battle of Endor.
Personality and traits
Dustil Forell knew that the meager transportation resources of the Great Temple were inadequate and that an evacuation would strain them to breaking point. He had light skin, brown and gray hair, and brown eyes.
At the Great Temple, Forell wore a brown shirt with tan pants and a brown belt. Over the shirt he wore a tan jacket that was part of traditional Alderaanian military livery and a tactician's overcoat that was also part of an Alderaanian custom.
Behind the scenes
Dustil Forell appeared in the 2017 Anthology Series film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Dustil Forell)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story to 0 BBY.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- The Evacuation of Yavin 4 takes place between the Battle of Yavin and the mission to rescue the survivors of Alderaan. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the Battle of Yavin is the start of 0 ABY and Star Wars Helmet Collection 34 (Highlights of the Saga: Alderaan Survives) establishes that the mission to rescue the survivors of Alderaan takes place in 0 ABY, the evacuation must take place in 0 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem